Monday, March 3, 2008

한국어 수업

I had my first Korean language class. It was not nearly as stressful as I imagined; however, today's class only reaffirmed my continuing suckage at numbers. I'm getting better though. Everyone uses 입니다. I suppose we use polite for everything, so it's difficult to get used to. The Japanese people seem to know a lot already. There is this Mr. Arrogant who seems super disappointed to be in the level that he's in. It's not like we tested into level zero... I'm sure I'll have more stories about him within the weeks to come.

Financial Management had about 60 girls, 9 or 10 were international students. I'm not sure why the other girls want to take that course in English, but okay. The professor studied at U of Michigan. His English is fairly good. It definitely helps to already know some Korean, because I understand his accent.

My roommate has maintenance guys here fixing her closet. Ahhh. I don't understand.
Yesterday, I opened the fridge, only to have a pungent smell escape. I searched a bit and found a container of kimchi. Why!! I also saw that she has the movie poster for Rambo on her wall. I also almost died laughing.

Autre Choses:

*I'm a little disappointed to learn that every time I unplug my webcam, I have to uninstall the the software and then reinstall everything. It's sooooo annoying.

*Jet lag is still a problem. Even the Europeans say that they're always tired.

No comments: